Thursday 25th) with Ceci we used the bunsen burner. These are the steps we followed.
AIM: In this investigation, you will learn the parts of the Bunsen burner and their functions. You will also learn how to use the burner safely in the lab.
- Close air-hole
- Turn the gas tap and light the burner.
- Record the results ( colour of flame )
- Open air hole slowly until it is half-closed open and record results
- Open it completely and record results
- Place a tripod and gauze on the burner
- Place a beaker with 50 ml of water
- Heat it with the air hole open
- Take the time until the water starts boiling
- Change the beaker and water and heat it with the air – hole closed
- Take the time until the water boils
This is a video from us using the bunsen burner :
TABLE OF RESULTS: